When it comes to keeping your home clean, the fridge is one place that tends to be overlooked. The truth is, your refrigerator is very likely to get dirty and disorganized easily as it is used multiple times on a daily basis. However, don’t fret – there are plenty of measures you can take to ensure your fridge says in tip-top condition.
Here are five tips for keeping the refrigerator in your Partridge Hill apartment clean and organized!
- Use baskets. Baskets/bins are a great way to organize your fridge and freezer into categories. You can easily find small, inexpensive baskets at your local dollar store! You can even designate an “Eat Me First” basket for items that are coming close to their expiration.
- Keep shelves clean by lining them. Use fridge mats or plastic wrap to cover the shelves in your fridge. This way, if there’s a spill, you can just wipe down the mat or toss out the plastic wrap.
- Use labels. Grab some stick-on labels and use them to label those baskets we talked about before and/or to label your door shelves. You can even label food so you know when it was opened. Never wonder if you should throw out that half-eaten container of guacamole again!
- Know what doesn’t need to be chilled. You might be taking up room in your fridge without even realizing. Be sure to know which items (such as tomatoes and onions) do not have to be refrigerated.
- Do a cleanup every two weeks. Instead of waiting until your fridge is an unbearable mess, clean it out every two weeks. Don’t just throw out old food – pull the fridge away from the wall and sweep and clean the coils; wipe down jars, bottles, and containers; and even use your vacuum to clean up dust and crumbs. This way, you’ll avoid having to do an intense cleaning every month.
If you keep these tips in mind, you’ll find that your fridge is just one less thing you have to worry about in your busy life!
At Partridge Hill, your beautiful kitchen comes complete with a spacious refrigerator and other appliances. Contact us today to schedule a tour of our property and apartments!