Are you moving for the first, second, or even third time? Below are five moving tips that will make your life a little bit easier during your next move.
- Plan Ahead of Time – This is the first, and most important tip. Try to come up with a game plan before the 11th hour. Create a to-do list so you can focus on the tasks at hand. Also remember to pack a bag of essentials to use for your first night. Nothing is worse than having to dig through each box trying to find your pajamas, toothbrush and toilet paper.
- Plan to Have Someone Watch Your Kids – Moving can be challenging, but juggling the difficulties of being a parent at the same time can make things harder than they need to be.
- Organize How You Box Things – Label each and every box, tote or container you pack so moving into your new apartment goes smoothly. As you carry items into your apartment, knowing which room to put them in avoids having to move each box multiple times, saving you time in the long run.
- Measure Stairways and Doorways – Every person has been in this situation at least once, they move into a new place and can’t figure out how to get their furniture through a narrow passage. Taking measurements ahead of time will ease the stress on moving day.
- Get Rid of What You Don’t Need – Are there things you don’t use any more? Why not donate them to a local charity or send them to the appropriate recycling or disposal facility. Extra clutter can make your new space feel smaller, so eliminating items you don’t want or need will be beneficial. Plus, there will be less to move!
There you have it, five VERY easy tips that can make life a lot easier when “the big day” arrives. You’ll be sure to have a more streamlined and stress-free moving experience.