Schools in Rensselaer, NY and the Area Around It
If you’re moving into Partridge Hill or considering it, you’re probably going to want some information about the schools in Rensselaer, NY. We’ve put together this helpful guide so you can learn about the local academic institutions, and the higher learning opportunities in the area. If you’d like more information, ask us during your tour of our apartments
1.) Bell Top Elementary School
– Founded as a one room school house in 1886, this historic elementary institution has grown into a much larger resource that focuses on helping children meet high standards in the areas of Science and state-of-the-art Technology. They also encourage students to embrace their Artistic talents, follow Musical pursuits, and to reach their best Physical and Intellectual levels of achievement.
2.) Howard L. Goff Middle School
– This school goes the extra mile to help students become well rounded individuals. Students who are gifted in the fields of Math and Science can take accelerated courses here. It also offers students the ability to learn Foreign Languages, excel in Music, embrace their Artistic talents, learn about Renewable Energy and Conservation first hand, and have fun with Athletic activities.
3.) Columbia High School
– As a high school, Columbia is dedicated to helping children reach their fullest potential for college and beyond. In addition to helping students become knowledgeable about Science, Math, Language Arts, and History, the school provides a variety of extra-curricular activities in which your children can grow as individuals, learn additional skills, and become prepared to be leaders.
4.) Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI)
– Located in nearby Troy, this university is a respected leader in higher academia. Just some of the majors offered include Architecture, Aeronautical Engineering, Computer Science, Civil Engineering, Physics, and Sustainability Studies.
5.) Hudson Valley Community College (HVCC)
– This local higher learning institution is also located in Troy, NY. It is a popular place for young adults across Rensselaer County and the greater Capital Region to continue their education. Academic programs include Accounting, Biotechnology, Computer Information Systems, Environmental Science, Digital Media, Criminal Justice, and much more.