Widths of Doors
Widths of Hallways and Staircases
The Size of The Bedroom
Height of the Shower Curtain Rod
Now that you’re prepared, grab your measuring tape and give us a call to schedule your tour!
Looking for more organizing tips? Check out how to organize your cabinets in 5 easy steps!
6. Your Bank, Loan Provider and Credit Card CompanyUnfortunately, your credit card bills and loans will always find you. Give your bank, loan provider and credit card company a call to notify them of the change.
7. Subscription ServicesIt’d be a shame to have an exciting package be sent to your old address! Log on to your online account and change your address so you know you’ll get your next shipment.
• Begonias: With a wide range of colors and shapes for their leaves, this plant does quite well without direct sunlight. Begonia owners just need to be careful to not overwater the plant.
• Mint: You can successfully grow mint in your home as long as you keep the soil moist and give it a bit of natural light. As long as you do this, you’ll be sure to have mint for tea and your favorite recipes.
• Maidenhair Fern: Many ferns do well with low lighting areas and this one makes a great addition to any setting with its light and frilly leaves.
• Moss Terrariums: This option is perfect for the household that wants plant life without a lot of work. Position the terrarium near a window where it can get dashes of light. All you will need to do is ensure it retains a suitable level of moisture.
1. Logistics: Throughout your adult life you are likely to accumulate pieces of furniture, each of which will need to be taken into consideration when you move. Not only thinking about their size and situating them in the apartment, but, can you get them into the apartment? Will your antique dining room table make it around a corner, or will it simply not fit? Take measurements of your furniture, especially if you don’t intend to part with any. Then when you visit different spaces be sure to bring your measurements and measure the entryways of the building and apartment.
2. Expenses: This is particularly important to keep in mind, but many think it’s a no-brainer. Throughout your search you will hear the cost of the monthly rent, but you will need to know if anything additional such as cable or internet is included. If it isn’t, make a mental note to check your other monthly expenses such as student loans or car payments to ensure you are still within your limit.
3. Visit During Different Times of the Day: You may feel like this step is excessive, but the area’s sounds, traffic, and activity could change throughout the day. Taking a tour during the day while most people are at work may not give you an accurate sense of the area or the traffic noise. Partridge Hill is situated on nine gorgeous acres in the Town of North Greenbush which makes our residents close enough to places of work and daily necessities, but without the noise of traffic and commuters.
4. Signing a Lease Sight Unseen: There are unique circumstances when this is ok, like moving to a new area for example. If you live relatively in the area of the apartment you are interested in, you are strongly encouraged to visit and take a tour prior to signing a lease. Pictures can speak a thousand words, but, nothing replaces the actual experience of the visit and making sure you truly love the size, layout, and amenities of the apartment.
5. Review the Lease: While some landlords will be quick to put a lease in front of you and expect a signature during that moment. Don’t feel pressured to sign it right then, the management team at Partridge Hill encourages you to read through the lease thoroughly and ask any questions to ensure a complete understanding of the entire lease.