Refreshing beverages are a great way to cool down during the hot summer months. Get a little fancy the next time you entertain and whip up these fruity and fun non-alcoholic beverages!
Put that extra watermelon to good use!
- 4-5 cups of seedless watermelon (1 medium-sized watermelon), cut into chunks
- 1/2 peeled cucumber, cut into chunks
- 5 -10 mint leaves roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lime juice
- a pinch of salt
How to Make Watermelon Coolers:
- Place all of the above ingredients into a blender, and process until smooth. Depending on the size of your blender, this may have to be done in multiple batches.
- Pour the mixture through a strainer and into a bowl, getting all of the liquid out by pressing the solids with a wooden spoon.
- Place the watermelon mixture into the blender again with ice cubes added. The amount of ice cubes added depends on how slushy you want the drink to turn out.
- If desired, garnish with a slice of watermelon and/or a sprig of mint.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
KIWI LEMONADE SPRITZER
- ¾ c. sugar
- 6 kiwis
- 2 c. lemon juice
- 1 c. water
- 1 L bottle seltzer water
- lemon and/or kiwi wedges
How to Make Kiwi Lemonade Spritzers:
- Place the sugar and kiwi in a blender and purée until smooth.
- Stir together the lemon juice and water in a 1-quart container.
- Stir in the kiwi purée
- Chill until the mixture is very cold
- To serve, add ½ cup of kiwi mixture with ½ seltzer water over ice.
- If desired, lemon and/or kiwi wedges can be added as a garnish
We hope you have a happy and healthy summer while living here at Partridge Hill! Let’s see what kind of drink recipes we come up with in the fall (not that we’re rushing summer)!