Fun Things To Do In Rensselaer County
Rensselaer County in Upstate New York offers residents plenty of restaurants, parks and activities to keep busy! From movies and mini golf to historic tours, there is something for everyone. If you’re looking for something fun to do this weekend, take a look at some of our favorite options!
- See a movie at the Regal Cinema – You can catch the most popular new movies at this theater in East Greenbush, NY. It’s also conveniently located near several popular restaurants.
- Take your family to the Funplex Fun Park – Go-karts, miniature golf, batting cages, bumper boats, rock wall climbing, and bank shot basketball are just some of the attractions that are fun for everyone at this park.
- Ice skate at Hudson Valley Community College – Starting in October, the public can enjoy Hudson Valley’s Conway Ice Rink. Hours are Monday-Friday Noon – 2pm and Saturday and Sunday 4 – 6:15pm. Admission is $5 for adults and $3 for children under 12.
- Stop by Crailo State Historic Site – People who have a passion for history will enjoy making a trip to Crailo State Historic Site. It focuses on providing guests with exhibits and collections relating to the Hudson Valley’s Colonial Dutch history.
- Go to an RPI Hockey Game – Rensselaer Polytech Institute boats its own popular hockey team. If you love the sport, we recommend that you stop by for a game.
- Spend the Day at The Children’s Museum of Science and Technology – The Children’s Museum of Science and Technology is the areas only science center designed specifically for children! Kids can enjoy workshops, summer and vacation day camps, and daily activities at the museum. Learn about space, magnets, the sky, exotic animal species and so much more!
- Roller Skate at Guptill’s Arena – Guptill’s Arena is the world’s largest indoor roller skating rink! Skate between the beginner’s rink, baby rink, and the main skating floor. Guptill’s also offers a snack bar and arcade for when you want a break from roller skating. Love ice cream? Enjoy 80 award winning ice cream flavors at Guptill’s Ice Cream between March and October.
- Visit the New York State Museum – Founded in 1836 as the New York State Geological and Natural History Survey, the New York State Museum is the nation’s oldest and largest state museum operated by the New York State Education Department’s Office of Cultural Education. Enjoy exhibits about New York states history before heading to the 4th floor to take a ride on the carousel!
- Tour the New York State Capitol – The New York State Capitol building represents the seat of New York State government and is located on the peak of Albany’s State Street Hill. The building offers free walk-in tours as well as official guided tours. If you’re new to the area, it’s a great way to learn about New York!
Rensselaer County is a scenic part of Upstate, New York and it offers a diverse range of activities that make it a fun place to live! If you want to learn more about the area, don’t hesitate to ask us a question or two when you go for a tour of our apartment complex!